You’ll have enough stress packing your suitcase or backpack for your trip to worry about having your period on holiday. By the way, did you know that stress can affect your cycle? It can cause your cycle to fluctuate, which can cause your period to become unbalanced. It is possible that your period lasts longer and is heavier than normal, but it is also possible that it stays away completely. Therefore, try to avoid stress as much as possible, to make sure that your hormonal system doesn’t get disrupted.
Move your period before your holiday
If you don’t want any hassle during your holiday, there are several ways to move your period. If you are on the pill, you can choose to swallow it and move your stopping week. If you use hormone patches, you can also stick them on. There is also a special pill available that ensures that your period does not get longer. Of course, you should discuss these options with your family doctor or gynaecologist before you start doing anything, to make sure you don’t experience any unexpected side effects.
Using sanitary pads, tampons or Beppies on holiday
Don’t you get your period on vacation? Then you can give yourself some tips to make sure your period doesn’t get in your way as much as possible.
* Make sure you have enough hygiene products with you. Not only is it useful to have a sanitary towel or your Beppy tampons on hand, it is also possible that they just don’t sell the brand you use in the country where you are. Nothing is as annoying as sitting without it when you need it.
* Up to 8 hours protected with soft tampons. By the way, did you know that you can use Beppy tampons for up to 8 hours? Handy when you’re travelling, so you don’t have to look for a toilet every few hours.
* Bring hygienic wipes with you. Not every country always has clean toilets or sometimes there is a missing tap at a toilet. So make sure you have hygienic wipes at hand to keep yourself fresh and clean.
* Move, even when you have your period. Moving can relieve the pain and helps you to relax. So take a few laps in the pool, go for a swim in the sea or do some yoga exercises. With Beppy wellness tampons you can just swim and exercise without anyone noticing you have your period.
* Try to avoid stress. As mentioned before, stress can disrupt your cycles. So try to relax as much as possible. Of course, this does not only apply during the holidays, but is something you can apply every day. Don’t worry about what time it is or whether it’s dinner time, but enjoy the sunset.
* Don’t forget a new pilstrip. If you take the pill, don’t forget to bring a new strip. And if you’re going to travel a long way, take into account new time zones and a shift in the time when you normally take the pill.
As you can read, having your period on holiday doesn’t have to be an obstacle to enjoying yourself. Don’t let your period stop you and start relaxing!